established in 1902, at Trenton Cold Storage our specialty is customized temperature-controlled warehousing and distribution. We provide Canada with more than 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space in our seven Ontario and two Alberta facilities. We are looking for Shipper-Receivers to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Benefits: We provide disability, dental, extended medical insurance, and pension. We also provide boot allowance, fitness allowance, profit sharing, uniforms, reward and incentive programs, training, and paid sick days.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lifting, loading, and stacking products (up to 50 lbs) onto pallets
- Safely and efficiently navigating the warehouse using a Walkie Rider and other Material Handling Equipment
- Accurately pick product using voice headset inventory system
- Wrap completed pallet and prepare for shipping
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be physically fit and able to safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items
- Must be able to work quickly and maintain a high level of productivity throughout the shift
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (-25 C)
- Must be able to read and write English and have good math skills
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred, comprehensive training is provided
Education: Completion of secondary school
Experience: Experience is an asset. We will train.
- This position is physically demanding and involves manual labor.
- Workers must be able to work in cold temperatures (-18C)
- Workers must have good communication skills and be able to use computers
- A forklift license is an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 23kg (50 lbs)