Established in 1902, at Trenton Cold Storage our specialty is customized temperature-controlled warehousing and distribution. We provide Canada with more than 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space in our seven Ontario and two Alberta facilities. We are looking for Shipper-Receivers to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Schedule: 3 pm To 11:30 pm(Evening) Monday To Friday
Benefits: We provide disability, dental, extended medical insurance, and pension. We also provide boot allowance, fitness allowance, profit sharing, uniforms, reward and incentive programs, training, and paid sick days.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Accurately pick orders for shipping
- Receive the product, collect paperwork, inspect the product in trailers, and check temperatures.
- Load and unload trailers
- Put product away in assigned locations
- Put away and bring out full pallets using Forklift.
- Clean up damages and provide recoup for orders.
- Use the computer program to retrieve order lists, look for products, and confirm orders.
- Attend morning meetings to go over daily requirements/where to work for the day.
- Maintain a clean working environment (clean as you go policy)
- Maintain forklift truck (check batteries, walk-around inspection, record problems and bring them to the attention of the Supervisor)
- Workers are responsible for performing their own tasks in a healthy and safe way, and for ensuring that co-workers work safely too.
- Learning and practicing standard operating procedures.
- Being alert to potential dangers and hazards.
- Reporting hazards to their Supervisor or a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Using appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- No worker shall use or operate any equipment, machine, device, or thing or work in a manner that may endanger him/herself or any other worker. Upon refusing to work, the worker will immediately report the circumstances of his/her refusal to his/her Supervisor who will investigate the report in the presence of a certified member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Must be able to lift up to 50Ibs. Using proper form and in a safe way.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Mental concentration required
- Must be able to work in extreme cold
- Grade 12