This is your chance to learn a new skills, perform interesting work, and work in a well-established industrial environment—all without needing to have a skilled trades ticket!
We are an established, leading national provider of conveyor belting and material flow handling products, accessories, and solutions. Through our twenty-one branches, we enjoy one of the largest sales and service networks in the Material Handling industry in Canada.
Our Edmonton, AB branch is seeking a Conveyor Belt Technician to join our field installations team.
No experience in the industry necessary, we will provide full training! As long as you're a hard worker, willing to learn, and possess some mechanical aptitude, we want to hear from you!
Becoming a Conveyor Belt Technician offers you the opportunity to gain unique skills that are constantly in demand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- We provide hands-on training to help you develop your skills on an ongoing basis.
- Splice conveyor belts in shop and perform installation, repair, and maintenance services at customer sites.
- Interact with customers.
- Be available for emergency breakdowns on-call service 24/7 when required.
- Follow all company and customer safety protocols.
Qualifications and Skills
- General mechanical aptitude (no previous belting experience required)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Eager to learn
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include overtime and weekends
- Great people-skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under various weather and work conditions (cold, heat, noise, etc.)
- A go-getter with an interest in career development
- Must be physically able to perform heavy lifting
- Skills such as rigging, cutting, welding, etc. an asset
What We Offer:
- $23.11-$38.53 per hour$23.11-$38.53 per hour
- Signing bonus, $1,000
- Structured training program to help you develop your skills and career
- Competitive wage
- Full range of health benefits – 100% covered by the company
- Employer matching on RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Awesome team of dedicated individuals
- Exciting and challenging work
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $1,500 per course year
Please apply with your current resume today!